Sunday, May 25, 2014

Sunday Staples

This week we have been into some new things. We are all obsessing over quite a few items/things!

D is really into homemade kale chips. He just rinses the organic kale then drizzles extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Then he pops them in the oven until crispy (maybe 15 minutes on a low heat). They resemble a potato chip taste/crunch and are pretty good for you.

Photo Credits: Fitnessista.com
J has been talking non stop about Busch Gardens this week. My dad and stepmom took him and my nephew to the amusement park. He loved seeing the horses and riding all the rides! 2 and under are free into the park. Busch Gardens Williamsburg offered a special preschool pass 3-6 were free all summer if you grabbed the offer online (it was a limited deal). Luckily, I grabbed one for J! 

The construction orange.....whew that's rough
D and I are so sad that Ink Masters is over! Congrats to Scott on winning, but I was pulling for Sausage though!

Photo Credits: Hollywood.com

My Kate Spade Assembly Crossbody Bag came this week and I am in LOVE! It is so cute! Not too big, not too little. Plus, it fits perfect. It doesn't hurt my back or shoulder and I don't have to worry about sitting it down places. It was on clearance for $66.50 and I had a 15% off coupon making it $56.52. I also grabbed the Canvas Pocket Wallet that was on sale for $31.50. With my 15% off coupon it made the cost $26.77. My combined total was $83.29. I had another coupon for $25 off $75+ from my May Birch Box which made my final grand total $58.29! I snagged a Kate Spade purse and wallet for under $60.00. Total steal! 

 What has your family been into this week? Anything new!?


4 comments:

  1. We've been obsessed with kale chips for a couple years now. My favorite is garlic salt, but I also really like them with Tony Chachere's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little hesitant to try them, I feel like I don't give enough food a chance! We had garlic salt on them a few nights ago... it was DELICIOUS. I will have to try it with Chachere's on them, I can only imagine it will be awesome.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean. When I made them the very first time, my boyfriend was disgusted by the thought. He reluctantly tried one, though, and then practically ate the entire batch by himself. They're basically like crack to us now :)

      Delete
    3. Sounds just like me! I am glad I tried them though. I picked up some Tony Chachere's yesterday and can't wait to give it a try!!!!

      Delete